MANAGEMENT UNIT PROCEDURES
1) Align management units with the school’s strategic annual plan.
2) The Principal calls for expressions of interest in writing for:
a) Specific projects/tasks (job description provided)
b) Projects/tasks staff believe warrants a unit allocation
3) Written expressions will be completed by a specified date and submitted to the Principal.
4) The Principal and Senior Leadership Team will discuss the submissions. An interview process may be set up at the discretion of the Principal.
5) The Principal makes the final decision on allocations. Staff applicants are personally informed in an appropriate setting of the outcomes.
6) A meeting is set up by the Principal with the unit holder to further discuss and confirm the key tasks to be undertaken. A formatted document is co-signed and a copy given to the unit holder.
7) The Principal informs the Executive Officer in writing to action pay allocation.
8) The Principal provides a full list of unit holders to place on the staff room wall and personally informs staff of the allocations.
9) The Principal seeks ratification of the unit allocation from the Board as part of the Principal’s report.
10) The Principal will foreshadow the number of units available for the forthcoming year based on the roll returns. The allocation may be deferred until March the 1st of the following year should the roll be fluctuating.
11) The Principal will allocate fixed term units for a specified period of time, usually for half a year or a full year.
Note: A unit allocation on a fixed term basis may be made without providing a time allocation.